VlogBlog Week 3 (Week Ending 16/08/2019) Time for Installation Practice
Here we are…Week 3 and this week was all about the installation practice. Some issues came up for me during this practice that really made me rethink what I was doing and how I was doing it. I stressed a lot about whether to take my computer in to the gallery next week for a number of reasons:
- Security and Privacy. Could someone find a way to get into my private spaces or even steal the computer while I wasn’t there?
- User error. It’s WAY to easy to break someone’s stuff without really realising you have done it.
- Is it going to feel too much like work? We often associate computers with work, and lets face it…SL IS a lot of work some days and a steep learning curve.
- Logistics. If I am unwilling to leave it in the gallery for security reasons, how do I get my large desktop computer into the gallery and back everyday without it costing me a fortune in parking?
- People downloading stuff I don’t want on my computer. By accident or design, I don’t want things being downloaded onto my computer that I don’t want there.
So that is it in a nutshell, as usual, if you want the whole story, check out the VLOG embedded above or on my Youtube channel!
And one last thing…Consignment Furniture…Looks like a Junkyard…but the furniture and stuff is awesome. #totallysponsoredmyinstallation #myadsarethebest #yourewelcomewavie